[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] Re: [stable] [PATCH 00/12] xen/paravirt_ops patches for 2.6.24
- To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
- From: Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:03:35 -0800
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, LKML <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>, Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, virtualization@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stable Kernel <stable@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:27:08 -0800
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 10:40:50AM -0800, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:
> > These don't apply now due to the x86 merge. Care to backport them and
> > send them to the stable@xxxxxxxxxx address so we can apply them
> > properly?
> I'm a bit confused. The patches you mailed out are against arch/i386.
> Won't they apply to the stable tree as-is?
Was this second series a new set, or a different one? I was assuming
they were new patches, and that they too needed to be applied.
These patches were sent against the merged x86 tree, not the -stable
tree with i386.
> > Although, it's not like anyone actually uses the in-kernel Xen on
> > 2.6.23, so it's probably not really worth it.
> To be fair, those fixes were in response to bug reports raised on the
> released 2.6.23 kernel. But it isn't screamingly urgent.
Ok, that's fine, but can you send some patches that I can apply? :)
Xen-devel mailing list