[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] Revisiting the Xenoprof problem
- To: "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Venkataraman, Meenakshi" <meenakshi.venkataraman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:31:59 -0800
- Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:32:35 -0800
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: Acgm5EXx4pQBw1VyS+2ypOL36abKZQAc/I2gAABva0AAAPVG8AAC56ZQ
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] Revisiting the Xenoprof problem
>What versions of Xen and oprofile are you running?
I'm running xen 3.1.0 and oprofile 0.9.3 (patched for xen).
>Any oprofile related message in the kernel log or in the output of "xm
No...none. Although the cpu type is correctly recognized as a xeon in xm
>What is on /dev/oprofile/cpu_type after you run opcontrol?
>Also take a look at /var/lib/oprofile/samples/oprofiled.log for any
There are a lot of CPU_SWITCH messages in during some runs in the
oprofiled.log. I saw another post with the same problem on an embedded
processor, but couldn't find any follow up to it.
Xen-devel mailing list