[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] Are drivers in Dom0 virtualized in any way
- To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: "David Stone" <unclestoner@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:47:27 -0400
- Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:48:05 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=zXhtObEOSp58/ACJoel8hM9a0JdnX5AJLDzlgv3Qly4=; b=lnfHzxaebZz/bVcgWzt4jQ0/Ub5+mq6SFFTyQQuVmoXomCR2wiVKVon/SL+kFeuYGJb4Tu8bhKxYpz8jhrcL+nI5CxYPYqhj6iZj1+H/q3rkopr22f/t+KVXedfrQJB47J9KiCXUW/h+Pkw3R1i3Bay5Fannyjm/fdOkTufHT9c=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=L3qJYI2EIf9bzXS1FeMuR236zsygdSyeYSDRxv2z2cTeWd4bKkRGk5gj3geTL8pkhdtefbky51TVbwMxwN7fRW8LjSr0gSW3o2dT0lVtkEH8YGhXFGyk1Q+g8Py7ooSQRD3si95Wa0XJMCul9kzeuJ+6Pm9ge1O24unZxSJAPAA=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
Hi guys, I have this question: are the drivers (say for a hard disk)
running in Dom0 virtualized in any way? For instance if a driver
wants to set up a DMA transfer, does it have to make a call to the
hypervisor in order to translate the guest-physical address it wants
to use as the destination of the DMA into the host-physical address
that the hypervisor has associated with that guest-physical address?
I'm not asking about the xen back drivers in Dom0, but "real" drivers
that drive the hardware.
Or, does this translation happen lower down, in the Dom0 operating
system itself, which is of course virtualized? Like maybe in some
kind of the DMA API that Linux provides?
Xen-devel mailing list