[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] NMI delivery not correctly working
- To: Christoph Egger <Christoph.Egger@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:07:53 +0100
- Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:05:42 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcfOFSvtajGyxzoIEdy8MAAX8io7RQ==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] NMI delivery not correctly working
On 24/7/07 16:47, "Christoph Egger" <Christoph.Egger@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know, there is a line "current->nmi_masked = 0;" in do_iret() in
> xen/arch/x86/x86_(32|64)/traps.c, but this is actually never called
> after NMI delivery.
Guests *must* use the iret hypercall when returning from their NMI handler.
This is giving a virtualised equivalent of the 'NMI-blocking' latch
implemented in x86 processors, which is reset by the IRET instruction.
Xen-devel mailing list