[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] SoftIce on HVM
- To: "Guy Zana" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,<xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Mats Petersson <mats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:31:10 +0100
- Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:55:25 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=beta; h=received:x-mailer:date:to:from:subject:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:content-type:sender:message-id; b=T90XQf2+vC8A12E3XvzyV7jEU6tLMuvUvNXAlxUXK1c9ypQIvIe0SblDmwJxhdJUKmsELIXgwzMuZtNuIVSTLwr/zdp7bsQqG/TYkLyfihDe1ny3Li7OBHtGHqk0napaKxlq2tF5ZcZ3Ul6KqOilVHYzncxzo33DD2qi2b4V3Gg=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
At 09:40 18/07/2007, Guy Zana wrote:
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mats petersson [mailto:mats.o.petersson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> On Behalf Of Mats Petersson
> Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:33 AM
> To: Guy Zana; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] SoftIce on HVM
> At 09:24 18/07/2007, Guy Zana wrote:
> >Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
> >Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
> > boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C7C915.74387B5F"
> >Did someone install Softice successfully inside an HVM?
> Haven't tried it, but I don't see why it shouldn't work - what
> problem(s) are you seeing?
A 0x8e bugcheck (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Haven't looked at it thoroughly but the address falls inside ntoskrnl.exe
This happens when I start softice.
What's the rest of the error codes (particularly the first parameter
Is this on a SVM or VT machine?
> >Any kind of Windows kernel debugging practices are appreciated :-)
> Have you tried WindBag (windbg)?
Yep, It is extremely slow, IIRC I had some problems with non
breaking breakpoints ;-)
(I tried a 19200 baud rate serial connection)
Any case, I prefer SoftIce, but if that's not possible than I'll
have to work something out with windbg.
Xen-devel mailing list