[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] SoftIce on HVM
- To: "Mats Petersson" <mats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Guy Zana" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 04:40:07 -0400
- Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 01:43:44 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcfJFlCKc/zd8i2BS3iWQ6z/P8WN2gAACb4g
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] SoftIce on HVM
> -----Original Message-----
> From: mats petersson [mailto:mats.o.petersson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> On Behalf Of Mats Petersson
> Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:33 AM
> To: Guy Zana; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] SoftIce on HVM
> At 09:24 18/07/2007, Guy Zana wrote:
> >Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
> >Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
> > boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C7C915.74387B5F"
> >Did someone install Softice successfully inside an HVM?
> Haven't tried it, but I don't see why it shouldn't work - what
> problem(s) are you seeing?
A 0x8e bugcheck (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Haven't looked at it thoroughly but the address falls inside ntoskrnl.exe
This happens when I start softice.
> >Any kind of Windows kernel debugging practices are appreciated :-)
> Have you tried WindBag (windbg)?
Yep, It is extremely slow, IIRC I had some problems with non breaking
(I tried a 19200 baud rate serial connection)
Any case, I prefer SoftIce, but if that's not possible than I'll have to work
something out with windbg.
Xen-devel mailing list