[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] early_cpu_init() and identify_cpu()
- To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:50:08 +0100
- Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:48:05 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcfIRxhXVvBGJjQ6EdykoQAX8io7RQ==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] early_cpu_init() and identify_cpu()
On 16/7/07 09:18, "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> How much faster is scrolling of WC framebuffer on your test system?
> That's a win of about 30%, and using movsq in memcpy() is another win of
> about 50%. Will probably create a vidmemmove()...
That still totally sucks then. Paging a full screen of text of, say 60
lines, done line-by-line will still take, say 60*300ms == 20 seconds(ish).
Implement this as a command-line option only if you must have it.
Xen-devel mailing list