[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] RE: [PATCH] export cpu idle time to guests
- To: "Rik van Riel" <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: "Langsdorf, Mark" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:10:35 -0500
- Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:08:56 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcevYztYd+s1g5EwQsOUlAtqA74enQCX5bNQ
- Thread-topic: [PATCH] export cpu idle time to guests
> The attached patch exports cpu idle time to guests. This is one of
> the things necessary for cpu frequency scaling to work well.
> It works, but has the problem that the sysctl hypercall is really
> only designed to be used from userspace, so we would need a userspace
> cpufreq daemon running in dom0.
> Mark, does this look reasonable to you?
As a first pass toward enabling a solution, it looks acceptable.
It should be trivial to enable cpuspeed or powersave to use
a different call when running on dom0.
In the long run, I'd like to get ondemand working in dom0 so
that people don't need to do anything special to get cpufreq
Operating System Research Center
Xen-devel mailing list