[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] More virtio users
Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 10:33:57AM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
It is worthwhile, when designing virtio, to keep in mind as many
possible users as possible. In addition to block and net, I see at
least the following:
- vmgl (paravirtualized 3D graphics)
- scsi (for tape, cd writer, etc.)
- framebuffer (with just one request to share the framebuffer?)
There are probably more. Any ideas?
- Fast inter-domain networking, a-la XenSocket.
- PCI (or your favorite HW bus) passthrough, for your favorite oddball
device (e.g., crypto-accelerators).
Won't all high-bandwidth traffic be through dma, bypassing virtio?
error compiling committee.c: too many arguments to function
Xen-devel mailing list