[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] Add callgraph support to Xenoprofile
- To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Amitabha Roy" <amitabha.roy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 17:16:17 +0530
- Cc: Xen developers mailing list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 04:44:27 -0700
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=VlBmB6Xe/J5MBTQqTtm4nSqBWVV2NyaCxNCAxtiK3irvwAC/9VqXf2JZo0tftOxDpwX2XgjyXAR5ie3+hflzCdrkd+dfKO+o9ghHYztvi5VEXFj0ucgyqK155R42ENS8JgSC0eOVUhjnafhv6duyxUYGiNJ6zLkXzsaZr3zmXfY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=dZ1JczczaA/enFGeWwjRzKubU4wsjDqOyyNfV807S2OSQRwAI0ZlQcq+OhI8pqRmyXkpS3AkReYyCGM1toUjn/smZjEEujKQ00jOV7lt6X/vkHqTb3kEZ9hJHxS7nDlzQICUhbBMfHtacAq7AP7NqwSGPIZLC1wu2SBTxml6NT4=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
Forgot to mention, the CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER is needed by the
backtrace.c file I pulled from linux.
On 6/7/07, Amitabha Roy <amitabha.roy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've moved the frame pointer code into the xen specific makefile.
I've also fixed the per file inconsistencies. I noticed that some
files already have a few inconsistencies within themselves in places
other than my code.
Perhaps you could accept this patch and I can send a separate one
later fixing those ?
One of the suggestions I had from Renato was to minimize any diffs of
files based off linux versions so that pulling in updates will be
easier. So I can look into those on a case by case basis with him.
On 6/7/07, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7/6/07 10:20, "Amitabha Roy" <amitabha.roy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Coding style is likely because I've preserved the formatting of the
> > original files (esp. of backtrace.c from Linux for simple diffs).
> > There isnt a consistent style across the files that I could follow.
> Linux-derived files follow Linux style (this will apply to many of the files
> under arch/x86/oprofile). Xen-specific files follow Xen style as in e.g.,
> page_alloc.c, xmalloc.c, xenoprof.c).
> If any of the files you edit don't follow this, please fix them first, and
> send a separate patch as a prerequisite for your own.
> > CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER gets used in config/StdGNU.mk.
> > I simply followed whatever was done for XEN_TARGET_X86_PAE. However
> > unlike the PAE case I haven't ensured that frame pointers are turned
> > on both in the kernel and Xen. If you want I can move all the frame
> > pointer related stuff into xen/Rules.mk.
> Yes, please. Call the option frame_pointer, in line with other Xen-specific
> options which are also lower case.
> -- Keir
Xen-devel mailing list