[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] VMASST_TYPE_writable_pagetables on translated domains?
- To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:36:33 +0100
- Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 01:35:24 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AceIpyjfZzR1ePSaEduJFwAX8io7RQ==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] VMASST_TYPE_writable_pagetables on translated domains?
On 27/4/07 09:30, "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Isn't the writeable page table support intended only for non-translated
> If so, shouldn't fixup_page_fault() check for this, or the setting of the
> assist bit
> and the PG_translate be respectively validated? If not, aren't there bits
> in ptwr_do_page_fault()?
I think we've been here before. :-)
Current shadow code supports translated domains only in shadow-mode-refcount
configuration (which also implies shadow-mode-external, and hence hvm too,
as it happens).
In light of this there is quite some scope for simplification and
rationalisation in arch/x86/mm.c.
Xen-devel mailing list