[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] Frequency scaling not working
- To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: sriram govindan <sriram_ite@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:58:29 +0100 (BST)
- Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:57:12 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.in; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=SGl2XRQF4RoigX5UJTd9oulvcvJJ88vFXQgIbMu7sNMqoI3xFZu+xsAXJ2yIIeVIxm2YmiJC1pc/h4YHTkC9ReZ/B/El8HFeyYAnaAk2KX+zUdPSttcn1vopInIQ7zckB0zpsq0aeF0y6DlXVJCqO0qoNkePMNHYmAOej8ulc+E=;
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
I installed the latest version of xen (3.0.4_1). I used userspace governor to change frequency of my xeon dual processor SMT. The driver used is p4-clockmod.
Changes to the frequency (through the /sys interface) is not getting reflected to the hardware. From previous posts, i understand that rdmsr and wrmsr has to be replaced with dom0_msr operations. Even after doing the modifications, still the frequency is not getting changed and the domain0 hypercall is returning a negative value when reads and writes are made to the dom0_msr.
Also, In xen SMT seems to have some problems. cpumask (affected cpus) does not seem to include the hyperthread.
Can anyone help me with this?
Check out what you're missing if you're not on Yahoo! Messenger
Xen-devel mailing list