[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Grant Tables between dom0 and domU?
- To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "pradeep singh rautela" <rautelap@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:49:51 +0530
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:18:26 -0700
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=tvFW400PY0hiZn0MUMSkHGnWjftgSDmHe1hkrTYITR5pGZztavcpqPMmWsJlXIjNie9O0KMrNXmz/rmoXWEWVCanSLa/xO6h1+mmYdW4MBmJgRZBKqU+tbmu5IvxE1x3MufJux8cmlf0XP9Xwm8gtgfs6sSChG0fim5GqhpQxyk=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=qZ4mtVOp79vn5H4mWvs0JhZqgJ04V5BSQ3JVvj2SMB4pBH21O364eSZ8lJUE4hOrIvMyMqlaKmVQXjluGzd2Q5WvTG+ccNVwup0DNPPBE56xN7Vfk44TARnZJ/M/fu0ybFUGDgE99fOZ09igyd093g49xRwjR2cNg+29DcRTv6k=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On 4/18/07, Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Subsequent lines suggest mechanism sharing between only unpriviliged
> Can grant tables be used for this capability based shared memory
> communication between dom0 and domUs?
Yes, using grant tables is an unprivileged operation so any domain can use it
(well, HVM is limited in this respect) - dom0 and domU can share memory if
Thank you, that cleared my doubt.
This is used by the split Io drivers, etc.
Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat? And no pedals!
Mark: To answer a question with a question: What use is a skateboard?
Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!
pradeep singh rautela
Xen-devel mailing list