[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] RE: recreate monitor page table?
- To: "Tim Deegan" <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 00:02:16 +0800
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:01:12 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AceB0pLTF62j+50DToyg31UstoNQ9QAADsPQ
- Thread-topic: recreate monitor page table?
>At 23:46 +0800 on 18 Apr (1176940011), Li, Xin B wrote:
>> On x86_64, monitor page table should always be 4 level, and we can
>> uninstall the old shadow linear entry and install new shadow
>> entry, why even recreate the monitor top level page?
>We could have made a routine to adjust the layout of the monitor table
>given the old and new modes, but it would have to understand two modes
>at once, which nothing else in multi.c does. It would also reproduce
>code that's already in sh_make_monitor_table and
>Since we don't expect it to be worth optimizing this path, we just used
>the existing routines.
Quite clear to me now :-)
Xen-devel mailing list