[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] save/restore quality status report w/ r14854
- To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Zhao, Fan" <fan.zhao@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:19:34 +0800
- Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 00:18:31 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: Acd/95WE1up0Eo+1TjelKarCCyfTOg==
- Thread-topic: save/restore quality status report w/ r14854
I did a new round of test for save/restore w/ r14854 for bug verification, and
your fixes have helped hvm save/restore a lot actually from my testing result.
Two critical issues for hvm save/restore have been fixed, they are:
1) restore hvm guest will cause dom0 crash. Now the dom0 crash issue has been
2) cp or scp files in guest with VBD or VNIF inserted and save&restore many
times on pae host have problems. Now cp or scp will continue to work after
restore many times.
However, there are some issues remained for save/restore, they are:
1) save ia32e hvm guest with pv drivers has problem, the guest is 512M, but
xm save command does not return, the guest is still alive and xm dmesg shows:
(XEN) hvm.c:754:d4 HVM vcpu 4:0 bad hypercall 29.
And s/r an hvm guest without pv drivers is okay.
2) sdl guest will be restored as vnc one.
Xen-devel mailing list