[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] Fix for broken installation?
- To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:23:30 +0200
- Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 06:22:32 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: Acd8W10z/X8e2hDGRjmLk4ZhT8A0WwABElHlACl0F7A=
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] Fix for broken installation?
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Keir Fraser [mailto:keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: 11 April 2007 18:34
> To: Petersson, Mats; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Fix for broken installation?
> On 11/4/07 18:03, "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I had a working xen install yesterday, but I'm uncertain if
> the version
> > I built yesterday was actually working or not [I may have
> just copied it
> > across, rather than actually install it - just saying this to help
> > anyone who may think that "there's nothing between
> yesterday and today
> > that would have made a difference"]. The version I know for
> sure works
> > on the machine was from before easter].
> Have you tried rolling back to that version and see if it still works?
I tried a guestimate of the version I knew was working, still no joy.
Further debugging (leaving xend running and doing some ps/top/strace,
showed that xenstored was "stuck" reading the same section of file over
and over again. Removing /var/lib/xenstored/tdb seems to have helped -
trying to build latest version again now.
[I don't know what would cause the tdb-file to be corrupt, but I guess
that's what happened].
> -- Keir
Xen-devel mailing list