[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Should Qemu monitor be enabled by default
- To: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Christian Limpach" <christian.limpach@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:32:31 +0100
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christian Limpach <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 02:31:21 -0700
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=E9zMAzIbl7Ebfo3/imXOUypeihVcx1c7YvGqFgPQqzHRF6hCvv/YnYDI9e4sYbiP6Vo6HsS5h8ln9xnZWtTxR94noTC1tVwx2Ox/7ftTnhAz2k3vIKkwFijHwH9Y4OYqZiT6pDHJRRO2pzr0IPCOxnjrox5/Cgp2zovZ59l6VA8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=l4glh5no8uP8KRBLzm59CeOjNMJ8XDdgZPLt/eHvVq/yWCVAnaWPCYklWa5Prhto3T7N6gP+oxuZrV6BA6XPCMor4idBSsu9YW6XUmzMk2nTqplNdBdvvXPtN3r+mfmfQjpVNN9S990XASiU3zeyl76oX6p20gXmnEYWxH1Gulw=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On 4/10/07, You, Yongkang <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We noticed you removed the Qemu's default monitor & serial console in changeset 14609. As
we didn't use qemu serial console frequently and also has "xm console", it can be
removed. But for qemu monitor, I think we'd better to keep it by default, it is because it
has become the important function of HVM.
1. We have to use monitor to switch CD-ROM files. This is significant when
installation with multi CDs.
2. We need to use monitor to send the short combined keys to HVM (e.g. ctrl-alt-delete,
ctrl-alt-f2 etc.). This is a "couldn't dropped" feature of HVM. :)
So, how about adding it back?
Well, we can't change the default back, because that would not be secure.
There's xm block-configure which lets you switch CD-ROM files.
And there's a few things which could be done to further improve things:
- plumb through the monitor option to the domain config file and the
xend config file
- fix xm console so it can connect to the monitor pty
- add an xm send-key command
Xen-devel mailing list