[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] Start of the day
- To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: "Max Dmitrichenko" <dmitrmax@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:49:45 +0400
- Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 03:48:34 -0700
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=m1qTNJaAFyKuBeo5HrHcmv2miEOckx2t40MY6pzunI78sXgbDkk66YQS+xhvjNdCUhBWyIkA75dgrdqUUGJfSau7oqB0OGiE0K5xbmUxo9nz2JVHVx8avVW4f5si3AtnUX4rNV8MnbIKKpYcTTK97QvQn1tJCYXAoSQPiwbgpqg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=G7iO+yUkndEgBbyNUmARb8CKY6Swg1WUmz1FCs2ka23XTSSeFp4itNsIvH+wkZq56cvnEhOECj4530E/FVpeisZ/fhz1HH+C3+2nN4ByWJXMWs9bPC0+NMXdqzzWvcJFDmz/kOUZAeTyJOpPmxL62y7Fb5qmgddW7l0hYRVyQV0=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
I'm currently trying to port one small real-time OS to Xen and have
couple of questions which I didn't find in the documentation.
1) What are the status of event channels mask at the start of the day?
My experiments showed that all the event channels are unmasked - is
this right? In the sources of Mini-OS, I have found a comment saying
that event channels are masked at the start. But this seems to be
obsolete, or do I make something wrong?
2) What is the meaning of shared_info.vcpu_info.evtchn_upcall_mask?
I thought that it masks all the event channels on the VCPU #0, but
this seems wrong, i.e. when I set this to 0xff, the hypervisor
callback is still being called. I have to set the
shared_info.evtchn_mask to all ones in order to mask all the event
channels. Is this behavour correct?
3) How to determine current VCPU number?
4) When I map the shared_info MFN into my OS's space via
update_va_mapping hypercall and then take the dump of the domain with
`xm dump-core -C ...`, the page where the shared_info supposed to be
mapped to is filled with all zeroes. Is this normal, of that means
that mapping was unsuccessful.
Thanks in advance,
Xen-devel mailing list