[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] Status of auto_translated_mode
- To: "Jesper Kristensen" <cableman@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:06:32 +0800
- Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:08:39 +0000
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcZScFL2cvQl/lM4S0umG0htHM9WCQAAC8cg
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] Status of auto_translated_mode
>From: Jesper Kristensen
>Sent: 2006年3月28日 22:02
>Ian Pratt wrote:
>>>After some investigation, we found that existing
>>>auto_translated_mode matches our model and then would like to
>>>know the status of this mode on xen/x86.
>>>1. First a background question, what's the major usage model
>>Currently, the main usage model is to support guests that haven't got
>>fully paravirtualied mm systems. It's also useful for a number of
>>research projects, such as vm fork, determinsitic replay etc.
>A quick question: Can this be enabled on a per domU basis and how is
>this done correctly? The furthest I can track it is in
> shadow_mode_enabled =
>one could of course for now hardcode shadow_mode_enabled to 1, but it
>sounds like there would be a config file option for this kind of thing.
>I can not seem to backtrack this any further. So my question is this:
>how do I enable translated shadow mode as cleanly as possible?
You can add a "features=" in your config file, which will be parsed and
then passed to xc_linux_build.
Xen-devel mailing list