[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Status of auto_translated_mode
- To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Jesper Kristensen <cableman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:01:41 +0200
- Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:03:10 +0000
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
Ian Pratt wrote:
A quick question: Can this be enabled on a per domU basis and how is
this done correctly? The furthest I can track it is in
After some investigation, we found that existing
auto_translated_mode matches our model and then would like to
know the status of this mode on xen/x86.
1. First a background question, what's the major usage model
Currently, the main usage model is to support guests that haven't got
fully paravirtualied mm systems. It's also useful for a number of
research projects, such as vm fork, determinsitic replay etc.
one could of course for now hardcode shadow_mode_enabled to 1, but it
sounds like there would be a config file option for this kind of thing.
I can not seem to backtrack this any further. So my question is this:
how do I enable translated shadow mode as cleanly as possible?
Xen-devel mailing list