[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] network related memory leak question
- To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:21:32 +1100
- Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 00:22:37 +0000
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcZHxmmN9S8yixBFQs2b9Ndca1Qzzw==
- Thread-topic: network related memory leak question
I have a network adapter on a non-xen machine that, due to a bug in the
via-rhine network driver, sends 'runt frames' (packets which are smaller
than the Ethernet minimum frame size of 64 bytes). Some of these packets
do end up on both 0 and U domains on my xen servers though.
Given that I seem to be the only one experiencing memory leaks still,
and only in a very specific bridge configuration, what are the chances
of this being related?
If some code somewhere assumed that incoming packets would never need to
be padded but code somewhere else padded them, and the buffers weren't
managed well, then maybe this could arise?
Xen-devel mailing list