[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Grant tables from dom0 userspace?
- To: "Jacob Gorm Hansen" <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
- From: "Christopher Clark" <christopher.clark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:10:19 +0000
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 18:11:07 +0000
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=LUqfE+MlOPrvge8bVBB7Gh9LpXvFzGM4OIQJS+Eg2INxh3l+hZ+ACKe3pnIroja6P3f5M/5NrPMuJmctgNl9JDuRGts3eLb+9HgrLe/G+nBHhj01u0LldcDTX9QOeCWiwmvXMlNcDzZttPIvx97K4ZO2Dl3MX04RofQ73JWrHFE=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
Grant tables aren't the right interface for use from userspace, which
is why tools/libxc/xc_gnttab.c was removed. You should probably just
write a kernel module to do the mapping for you using grant tables and
then expose a custom interface to userspace from the module to trigger
the mapping as you need.
On 3/9/06, Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to share some pages between my domU graphics frontend
> device, and the backend which runs in userspace in dom0. Right now I
> am doing this with my own scheme, but presumably grant tables would be
> the correct solution.
> Is it possible to use grant tables from dom0 userspace? There used to
> be a file called tools/libxc/xc_gnttab.c but that seems to be gone
> Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel mailing list