[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] Catch crashing domains with GDB
- To: "Simon Kagstrom" <simon.kagstrom@xxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:42:36 -0000
- Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:42:37 +0000
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcXql/R9tFKL3sasTJOVbuk+qpS7qgAAmAmA
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] Catch crashing domains with GDB
> I'm using Xen-unstable updated a few days ago, and I'm trying
> to debug an OS which I'm porting to Xen. I'm using the
> gdbserver to debug domU, and while this works fine I'm
> wondering if it is possible to have the debugger catch the
> domain crashes, i.e., if I crash the domain it would be nice
> if I could check the backtrace etc from within GDB.
> Is this possible?
"on_crash = preserve" should keep the domain hanging around -- I'd
imagine you'd be able to get gdb to give you a backtrace from there.
Xen-devel mailing list