[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] Is it possible to disable vif completely?
- To: "Ewan Mellor" <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 21:25:20 +0800
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 13:25:32 +0000
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcXlMQiIpRL30az7RJyToTPRVzdMqw==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] Is it possible to disable vif completely?
Then maybe an outstanding comment like what you described below can be added to
warning user right way to enable/disable vif?
>[mailto:xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ewan Mellor
>Sent: 2005年11月9日 19:45
>To: Tian, Kevin
>Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Is it possible to disable vif completely?
>On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 07:30:28PM +0800, Tian, Kevin wrote:
>> I think comment " #vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:00:00:11, bridge=xen-br0' ]" can
>> hide vif but failed try.
>If you comment out the vif line, but don't set nics=0 then you will get the
>default nics value, which is 1. This means that it will try to create a nic
>with default configuration, which will fail. If you need no nics, you need to
>explicitly say so, with nics=0.
>This is confusing, and a mess, but I don't want to alter configuration file
>behaviour this close to release, if I can help it.
>Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel mailing list