[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] Is it possible to disable vif completely?
- To: "Ewan Mellor" <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:30:28 +0800
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 11:30:41 +0000
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcXlGW2vSGUwUeHySZ2b8mVop6EYAwABubRg
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] Is it possible to disable vif completely?
>From: Ewan Mellor [mailto:ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>Sent: 2005年11月9日 18:36
>On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 06:20:43PM +0800, Tian, Kevin wrote:
>> However, since netfront/netback hasn't been ported to IA64 now, it
>caused failure here after timout connecting to vif backend node. I'll
>try to add a
>hack to prevent connecting to vif backend and see whether forward progress. If
>have simple way to do test, please help me. ;-)
>So you don't want any networking at all? In that case, set nics=0 in your xm
>create configuration file, and all should be well!
Yes, that's the current status for IA64. ;-( And, thanks for you expertise
suggestion and it does work for me! ;-) Previously, I think comment " #vif = [
'mac=aa:00:00:00:00:11, bridge=xen-br0' ]" can hide vif but failed try.
Actually this way by setting "nics=0" is most preferable way now since only
ia64 specific example file required to be changed.
Thanks a lot,
Xen-devel mailing list