[Xen-devel] Re: copying large files over NFS locks up machine on-testing from Thursday

  • To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:54:19 -0700
  • Cc: Chris Wright <chrisw@xxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 May 2005 19:53:44 +0000

> It's really unlikely to be xend that's causing this. Are you sure its
> not just xend running the network script to start the bridge?

That was my initial assumption, but running /etc/xen/scripts/network
start to start the bridge before doing transfers didn't cause any
problem. Additionally, the bridge is still up after xend is shutdown.

I've just moved it into the server room where the switch is GigE so
we'll find out shortly if it is some weird interaction with the
specific rev of the network card.

> 2.0 vintage xend is the cause of many troubles, but I think its likely
> to be innocent in this case :-)

That would certainly be my thinking - but at this point it is the only
common item and I'm grasping at straws.