RE: [Xen-devel] AOE

I've tried nbd, and possibly enbd (can't remember if I got that working
or not). At the time I was using a server which had performed okay as
Windows 2000 Server for some time. When running Linux though, it crashed
all the time. The problem turned out to be a bad stick of memory, but by
then I'd been through a few attempts of iSCSI and nbd and had cursed
their unreliability (obviously, it turned out to be the server itself in
the end).

Assuming a working AoE server on the same L2 network, you simply need to
have an 'up' network adapter, and load the AoE module. You don't even
need a TCP/IP stack running. Apart from MAC filtering, there is no
security, so it should really be on its own Ethernet segment, or VLAN.

HTH

James