RE: [Xen-devel] asterisk, ztdummy, and usb (and HZ = 100 under xen ???)

  • To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:37:57 +1000
  • Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:37:37 +0000

> Having HZ differ between Xen and a guest doesn't really matter that
> much. The guest will get fewer upcalls than it expects, but it will
> count ten ticks for each upcall. So I doubt that thsi is your problem.
> Does ztdummy use the rtc driver? I'm not sure how weel we support that
> on Xen...

The problem is that the ztdummy driver assumes 1000HZ, and a 2.6 kernel
under xen . I worked around it by making the ztdummy driver count 10
ticks for each jiffy. My music on hold works now but clicks and pops a
bit which I think may be because of my kludge.

Thanks

James