[Xen-devel] Distribution Support

  • To: Xen Dev <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andrew Thompson <xenuser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 12:33:19 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 14 May 2005 16:34:00 +0000

I just saw that someone had updated the "Distribution Support" page on the wiki, and wanted to add a few comments. But, since I'm not an Engineer, an Advanced Xen user, or a Developer, I didn't think I would really qualify.

I have Xen running as a Dom0 on a gentoo install. That is a fresh install to a new partition.

I am also running my original slackware partition as a DomU. I haven't figured out how to do a fresh Slackware install without rebooting the box off of a CD. (Any pointers appreciated.)

I have also unzipped a Gentoo stage3 install and brought that up as a DomU on this box. After setting up the networking support, it worked just fine.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/