RE: [Xen-devel] recent major -unstable changes cause ia64 build to be broken

  • To: <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:10:33 -0700
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:10:22 +0000

> > Actually, it appears I only need xen/mm.h if that helps.
>
> Can't you include xen/mm.h where it's needed?  Alternatively, you
> could have asm-ia64/slab.h which includes xen/mm.h and xen/slab.h.
> Or, why not just include it from asm-ia64/slab.h?

It appears to be needed in a lot of common files for ia64.  I am
OK with tracking them all down but would prefer to not have that
in the critical path right now when there is a simple fix (putting
it back the way it was before)... unless of course that breaks x86.

There is no asm/slab.h included... __ARCH_HAS_SLAB_ALLOCATOR
appears to be obsolete (unless Hollis is using it) since ia64
switched over to the Rusty memory allocator.  Adding an asm/slab.h
back in to xen/slab.h would be another option, but no sense
hiding the header file dependency another level deeper.

There's another new problem in cpumask.h... I'll send that in
a separate message.

Dan