Re: [Xen-devel] Latest xen-unstable on IBM x440

On Wed, 4 May 2005 12:06:40 -0700, Nakajima, Jun <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My point is that it looks like the keyboard is broken now, and it has
nothing to do with ACPI (PCI interrupt routing) if it's PS/2. The plan
for acpi=off is to use PIC mode, which is not desirable for a server
like IBM x440.

Perhaps I oversimplified by saying "the keyboard doesn't work".  The
keyboard is actually attached to an RCM connected via ethernet to the
x440.  However, that was not really the point.

The point was that without specifying acpi=force, XenLinux will not
boot.  XenLinux can not find a root filesystem.  Scsi devices are not
properly detected.   It is my hope that this can be used as a datapoint
to aid in determining the work which still needs to be done so that one
day XenLinux will run on machines as easily and as well as Linux does.

Natasha