Re: [Xen-devel] New MPI benchmark performance results (update)

> Please let me know if you have any questions about the configuration
> of the benchmarking experiments. I am looking forward to your
> insightful explainations.

Erm, what version of Xen are you using for these? I notice that the
dom0 kernel seems to be using 2.4.28 which is not current in any of
the trees. Since you're using SMP guests, I'm guessing this is some
old version of xen-unstable?

Your results are kinda interesting but I think you'd probably be
better off trying to compare like with like so that we can isolate
the performance issues due to Xen/XenLinux, i.e.

  - use the same kernel (or ported kernel) in each case;
  - use the same amount of memory in each case.

Otherwise you end up comparing 2.4 to 2.6, or 128MB/360MB/512MB, ...

Also you should probably use the current unstable tree since there
have been a number of performance fixes.

cheers,

S.