[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-API] Hello!
- To: Edward Chen <edward.chen92@xxxxxxxxx>
- From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:23:43 +0400
- Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:24:22 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=Kqpzq+4LoBx11g2ff8wtxB1PdNNIqupXIms8UFDDJw4=; b=du1wdEjhPQR7Ha96qTI7jI2Wu59eZVk7KXWHYZiSI31WgQ/bwDLq7oUQZditqZUN5n zVxrBYS9jspa76SQpjyytR4M77RH0RXuchX/I3KfZt97Uh+UTpeRR1Z4LC3gPn4D7lGM J7PSEG2Eiut1pig/4+4e7KQWzU4XOdOu5iZ4M=
- List-id: Discussion of API issues surrounding Xen <xen-api.lists.xensource.com>
(Sorry for rudeness, but it sounds like asking 'may I create image with
gimp?' in gimp maillist)
Yes, it's exactly XCP exists for. All nodes are joined in single
management unit (named 'pool'), you can control virtual machines on all
nodes from (any of node) or via XenAPI from your management software.
The single doubts is about 'different hardware' - XCP designed to work
on identical hardware within pool.
I'm thinking it'll be better to start from XenServer manual and small
playground installation on two-three servers.
On 17.08.2011 06:08, Edward Chen wrote:
I was actually thinking about Xen straight-up.
Now that you bring it up, what exactly is the XCP? Can it create
Clouds as well as Hypervisor VMs? Excuse my questions as I am a bit
What I want to achieve is:
Being able to provision customers to different hardware nodes from a
central node. This means passing commands to the Hypervisors on each
node. Any idea on how I would approach this?
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Outback Dingo<outbackdingo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Xen pools possible though its the xen cloud platform term probably also for
On Aug 16, 2011 12:36 PM, "Edward Chen"<edward.chen92@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Trying to create a Master/Slave model where 1 Host node controls many
Xen slave nodes[Creating DomU's/Deleting
Where do I start the reading?
Appreciate any responses.
xen-api mailing list
xen-api mailing list