[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-API] RE: [xen-org/xen-api] 66083e: CA-63739: Fix console handling after reboot/migrat...
- To: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Ewan Mellor <Ewan.Mellor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:34:18 +0100
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:34:47 -0700
- List-id: Discussion of API issues surrounding Xen <xen-api.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcxNQqzHx4OTvQA7SKiRRjCIBkYLWgAAIf0gAAJI85A=
- Thread-topic: [xen-org/xen-api] 66083e: CA-63739: Fix console handling after reboot/migrat...
That's great Dave, thanks!
Credit is due to Zhixue Wu for the initial work in vncterm, and to Simon Rowe
for review of that work before it went in.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dave Scott
> Sent: 28 July 2011 09:37
> To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cc: Ewan Mellor
> Subject: FW: [xen-org/xen-api] 66083e: CA-63739: Fix console handling
> after reboot/migrat...
> Hi xen-api,
> As of changeset 66083ee70 in xen-org/xen-api master there is
> experimental support for pure PV text consoles.
> It's now possible to type:
> $ xe console vm=myvm
> to attach to the console, just like "xm console" and "xl console". This
> avoids having to mess around with port-forwarding and VNC, making
> debugging a lot easier.
> From the XenAPI point of view, a PV guest now has 2 consoles, one with
> protocol=rfb and one with protocol=vt100. The vncterm VNC is still
> available via the protocol=rfb console.
> Many thanks to Ewan Mellor (cc:d) who provided the necessary changes to
> vncterm to make this work!
> Furthermore for the really adventurous, there is experimental
> experimental support for PVFB, activated by setting the option:
> $ xe vm-param-set uuid=... platform:pvfb=true
> Anecdotally this worked quite well for me when I installed a debian
> squeeze VM.
> Dave Scott
xen-api mailing list