[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-API] Re: repository for storage manager (/opt/xensource/sm)
- To: Zheng Li <dev@xxxxxxxx>
- From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 01:29:17 +0400
- Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:29:40 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:subject:from:to:cc:in-reply-to:references :content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer :content-transfer-encoding; bh=wrbKozu9twMXV9Rwea2RG2oK8WeBEGojxnrs0v7/LqQ=; b=bpjlo68yo0/JhiDd6V0jfXe/RjQ0+vTSKvJfGGhmnWjVKuiaLjVZ18P+RjCEFpsv2R iddWLLILaQCdP610ycdBcqSkolCcLUyWFK7nWi2mGVC7EQYnyHlaH6n+Y/v1dh40ni0w elnOchdWb+szonvkJBB+7Z8AQ+fzSXg6rHhsY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=subject:from:to:cc:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date :message-id:mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; b=hS1wC3tQRIZScOEkqdX98lKHdzzamGKCX+vdrUgXxGyxaMm+3V6kjNvNRwU/Q9hSdB LKUb0v9HeXMuEqjXUk8zFGt1LhxlQP5BwNac3TOKlrYzTDKqhLIM0AT13Ou6fl+1/BhK SBfvKIHJwGGzJHNL9uMsNEh9uGqywFb5+tt9s=
- List-id: Discussion of API issues surrounding Xen <xen-api.lists.xensource.com>
Guys, looks to source.
# Copyright (C) 2006-2007 XenSource Ltd.
# Copyright (C) 2008-2009 Citrix Ltd.
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
# it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as
# by the Free Software Foundation; version 2.1 only.
# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
# GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
# ISCSISR: ISCSI software initiator SR driver
Ð ÐÑÐ, 18/05/2011 Ð 21:44 +0100, Zheng Li ÐÐÑÐÑ:
> Hi George,
> On 18/05/2011 16:53, George Shuklin wrote:
> > I found that files in /opt/xensource/sm is not provided by any package
> > and there is no any repository on github with those files.
> > But those files are licensed under GPL and have great infuence on XCP
> > stability (right now I still fighting with multipath problem and I
> > thought to push patch for solution - but I found nowhere to
> > clone/push).
> Where did you found the evidences that SM code was licensed under *GPL*?
> Honestly, I tried a few days ago, but ultimately failed.
> * The official XenServer/XCP source ISOs, which are distributed as part of
> XenServer/XCP and are supposed to contain all the open sourced components of
> XenServer/XCP, doesn't contains the SM code (Let me know if I overlooked, I
> only checked one version of XenServer and the newest XCP source ISO content
> list http://downloads.xen.org/XCP/42052/sources/source-1.iso.txt). There, in
> the sm directory, you can only find thepexpect code (Attrib license) which
> the SM component depends on.
> * XCP once released a checkpointed versions of sm.hg on xenbit and probably
> synced it once in a while. However I couldn't find any LICENSE file in the
> directory about the actual license being used. Only some of the source files
> have license heads of *LGPL* (rather than *GPL* as you mentioned). In fact,
> some of the source files even come with proprietary license heads
> So the foremost question is not yet whether SM code should move to github
> etc. but whether it's OSS and what's the actual license for each part of it.
> It's probably safe to assume that particular branch of sm.hg that has been
> put on xenbit is intentionally OSS, but I'm not a layer so please take your
> own risk.
> xen-api mailing list
xen-api mailing list