Just a brief note to tell you that XenSummit North America 2011, will be in Santa Clara, CA Aug 2-4. In the past XenSummit used to be two-day events. However as the Xen Hack-a-tron last month was so successful, it would make sense to hold a combined Summit and Hackathon. The way how this would work is
· Day 1 & 2 of the summit will be as you know it: packed full of interesting talks given by community members.
· We added an extra day and space to allow developers to work on project ideas, code, demos and designs.
We could also do 1 1/2 days of presentations and 1 1/2 of interactive Hackathon. Do let me know whether you feel this is a good idea.
Announcement, call for paper, hotels, agenda and registration will follow on the blog in the next few weeks.
As always, we will form a Program Management Committee (PMC) and I am looking for volunteers from the Xen community. If you don’t remember, the responsibility of members of the PMC is to
- Review submitted topics for the event
- Assist in compiling the final agenda for the event
- If attending, introduce speakers
If you are interested in being a part of the PMC, please e-mail me at community.manager@xxxxxxxx