[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-API] Configuration options from the hypervisor?
- To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: Cutter 409 <cutter409@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:30:48 -0500
- Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:30:57 -0800
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=MKy51Ks1EREtdUwfxYx2fz6eIfgHnLhqRBN/laHJeAekw8JZHsjSE0AUbeTi8w7p4J GN63juQO87B8R2YjOT7/VOW0/89l6kEvYO+eFfz5X6dGOFguyf/ShOJG10zLlPnsK+L4 2qsVJFMG++DbvtQGfknAYs8vK/XbYJxjbl1EA=
- List-id: Discussion of API issues surrounding Xen <xen-api.lists.xensource.com>
Thanks, but I'm actually referring to per VM configuration data. I'm
trying to get some custom configuration strings passed to the
hypervisor when a VM starts.
I was hoping that somehow I could read the other_config section from the hypervisor, but maybe it's only possible to pass data after starting the guest with an event channel?
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus.therning@xxxxxxxxxx>
Arguments for the hypervisor are passed by the boot loader. Take a look at
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 09:33:26PM +0000, Cutter 409 wrote:
> I'm trying to pass configuration options to the hypervisor.
> It seems like each VM has an "other_config" section that I should be able to
> add options to, but I can't seem to figure out how to read them from the
> In userland I can set the options using " session.xenapi.VM.add_to_
> other_config( ) " (In Python) but is there any way to retreive it from the
> If not, is there another mechanism where I can store additional
> configuration data?
magnus.therning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Jabber: magnusth@eng
There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming language
in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs.
-- Flon's Axiom
Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
being a real problem in the longer term.
-- Alan Kay
xen-api mailing list
xen-api mailing list