[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-API] Setting pcpu mapping using API
- To: Saurabh Garg <saurabh.g.garg@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Tom Wilkie <tom.wilkie@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:05:47 +0100
- Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:03:12 -0700
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:content-type:message-id:cc:from:subject:date:to:x-mailer; b=OjPWSPd5xiBEImQ8KoZRa4EXG/1BWdv3BOP7850lwnLLwFoDlf/NK+E6vM8+W4pDlnZw7TrorF9tdEJtNm006SU2i4qoGsuG03ACMF6pPZfW/N3wdnpCMjdB5s2o0rIHWW/A4d+DjT9VzcCVkXtqrNPx/ySbYeqiNDmLw/7ZQiM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:in-reply-to:references:mime-version:content-type:message-id:cc:from:subject:date:to:x-mailer; b=IU9E4RMPiiHf3Jiu1s2Munn59q7Jr4i/XUQC2pbe3H6B6cSgIi+eaOtZd7ctOc8aWNlS61MwSvBvEoN3eFiRiq6CFcL4tlzfJygyP/QrBccUca6e2z3g8jey8Kl7tuL3QoDxABBcK2NKum8Ilg6u30eNPBN3ogNB17oeMt1YCMI=
- List-id: Discussion of API issues surrounding Xen <xen-api.lists.xensource.com>
Yeah the idea is you write to VCPU_params when the VM is halted (or at creation) and they take effect when booted. Any subsequent changes to this (after booted) won't take effect until reboot, so we have the VCPU_params_live field to dynamically change this (and report it).|
On 12 Jul 2007, at 10:59, Saurabh Garg wrote:
Does it mean that it can be set only when the vm is running ? During creation time, it is possible to set cap and weight in the VCPU_params field, so if I set the cpumap values also, will this be effective ?
I guess if I'm not able to set it during the creation time, once the VM is created, I'll set it before starting the vm... will that work...
Tom Wilkie wrote:
If you look at the VCPU_params(_live) field of the VM class you can put a key "cpumap_$" ($ = vcpu num) with the value as a comma seperated list of physical CPUs.
On 12 Jul 2007, at 08:35, Saurabh Garg wrote:
With the 3.1 Xen API(s), is it possible to set the vcpu to pcpu(physical cpu) mapping configuration.
xen-api mailing list
xen-api mailing list